South Jordan, Utah - Lucidchart, the leading cloud-based visual productivity platform, capped a banner year of global growth and momentum for its business in 2018. Lucidchart's achievements included the opening of its EMEA headquarters, platform innovation and expansion, new integrations with leading enterprise software providers and a $72 million funding round, all of which helped the company accelerate global adoption of its visual productivity platform.
"In 2018, we took a bold step forward toward becoming the standard for working visually," said Karl Sun, co-founder and CEO of Lucidchart. "Millions more workers across the globe turned to Lucidchart because legacy applications did not meet their expectations for visual collaboration and communication, which are foundational to the future of work. We've made tremendous traction in the enterprise market and now serve customers ranging from $5 a month to millions per year. Our 2018 provides a strong foundation to continue our rapid growth in 2019."
Key 2018 Business Achievements
- International Growth and Expansion - Lucidchart rapidly scaled from 10 million users in 2017 to more than 15 million users in 2018. Its global user base now extends across more than 180 countries. The company recorded more than 140 percent growth in non-English speaking markets in a 12-month span and today generates one-third of its revenue internationally. To better meet the needs of its international customers, Lucidchart opened its EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam.
- Funding - Lucidchart has now raised $114 million total after closing $72 million in funding from new investors Meritech Capital and ICONIQ Capital, and existing partner Spectrum Equity.
- Enterprise Adoption - Lucidchart, which is used by 96 percent of the Fortune 500, continued to expand its fast-growing customer base and added leading companies across a range of industries, including Google, GE, NBC Universal and Johnson & Johnson.
- Platform Expansion - Lucidchart launched a new tailored solution for sales teams. The Lucidchart Sales Solution provides intuitive diagramming and account mapping software that empowers sales teams to close deals faster by visualizing their accounts and standardizing sales processes. An integration with Salesforce, also launched in 2018, enables sales teams to leverage Lucidchart in the leading intelligent CRM platform.
- Team Growth - Lucidchart added over 100 new employees to its fast-growing team and now has more than 450 employees worldwide.
- Workplace Recognition - In recognition of the company's workplace culture, Lucidchart was named one of the 2018 Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as well as one of Utah Business' Best Companies to Work For.
Key 2018 Platform Integrations
Lucidchart announced several integrations with leaders in enterprise software, extending the power of Lucidchart to products its customers use daily. These include:
- *Microsoft *- In Teams, an Office 365 platform where teams can chat, share files, and hold online meetings, customers can now create or add a Lucidchart document as a tab in any team channel.
- GitHub - Lucidchart's integration with GitHub, one of the leading software development platforms, lets customers include diagrams in any issue or pull request to explain system architecture or user flows at a glance.
- Google - Lucidchart deepened its collaboration with Google's G Suite through a new integration with Hangouts Chat. Lucidchart's integration enhances the centralized team communication platform by providing a virtual whiteboard where teams can work in real time to brainstorm ideas and map out processes and ideas clearly.
- AWS - As an APN Technology Partner, Lucidchart achieved the highest performance tier for AWS: advanced. The company also added support for cross-account roles, an AWS best practice for authenticating with third parties.
- Salesforce - Customers can now automatically import their Salesforce contacts into Lucidchart to quickly build powerful account maps to visualize key relationships and determine the best path to sale.
- Atlassian - Lucidchart diagrams now auto-update more seamlessly in Confluence, Atlassian's team collaboration software.