We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, if you agree to provide the information as part of the application process and through your role as an employee, owner, director, officer, or a contractor of Spectrum.
- Third-party sources. For example, from a reference supplied by you or information that you provided to a job board to apply for a position.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes within the context of your role as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, or a contractor of Spectrum:
- To evaluate you as a possible employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor for Spectrum or its portfolio companies.
- To manage the performance of job duties.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your bank account number, we will use that information to process your compensation.
- To comply with our health, safety, compliance, and fraud-prevention obligations.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations or investigations.
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- To authorize, grant, administer, monitor, and terminate access to or use of company systems, facilities, records, property, and infrastructure.
- To manage business travel (e.g., car service/rentals, flights, hotels) and personnel expenses (e.g., reimbursement, corporate credit card).
- To effectively process payroll and in connection with incentive equity grants.
- To administer and maintain employee benefit plans including group health plans, 401(k) plans and other welfare and retirement plans and perquisites.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, disposition of all or substantially all of the relevant assets of the business, bankruptcy, or similar event (including due diligence related thereto).
- To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- As otherwise authorized or required by applicable law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. For example, we may disclose your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Our subsidiaries, and other affiliates, for purposes consistent with this CA Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems, and technology.
- Service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards (e.g., Getro), recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), recruitment analytics, benefit administrators, compensation, payroll, and tax providers.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and fraud prevention section above.
- Business transfers. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors.
- Customers and business partners. Customers, other companies, and individuals with whom Spectrum does business or is exploring a business relationship.
We do not sell any information regarding employment-related personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Retention of Personal Information
Except as explained below, we retain the categories of personal information listed above as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this CA Notice or a related and compatible purpose consistent a reasonable person’s expectation, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In many situations, we must retain all, or a portion, of your personal information to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
We will retain application information for applicants beyond consideration of the immediate position for which the application is submitted in case future positions or opportunities become available at Spectrum or at a Spectrum Equity portfolio company. Application information for successful applicants becomes part of the applicant’s employment file and is treated accordingly. You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information that we have collected. Please contact us by phone: 1-415-464-4600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request to delete your personal information.
The following personal information elements, which are also identified above, may be classified as “sensitive” under the CCPA and CPRA (“sensitive information”): Social Security number, work-related accounts and passwords, and financial account information. We may use this sensitive information for the purposes set forth regarding personal information.
Your Rights Under the CCPA and CPRA
Subject to certain exceptions, California residents can exercise their right to know, correct, and delete personal information subject to the limitations of the CCPA and CPRA. If you are a California resident, you can submit a request for the right to delete and a request for the right to know. You may also contact us at 1-415-464-4600 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or comments about this CA Notice or the ways in which Spectrum collects and uses your personal information described here, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone: 1-415-464-4600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.